Solved

Creation of nested (multilevel) JSON

Badge +1

I want to create multi-level JSON (nested) with a specific attribution. I have followed this article. I need to get this structure:

Following the tutorial I'm not able to add more attributes to the top layer as is written also in JSONTemplater help. I need to get something like this:

[{
"category": "kategorie1",
    "caption": "A",
"features" : [
      {
         "name" : "A1",
         "rotation" : "0",
         "bbox" : [ -733690, -1024463, -732733, -1023916 ]
      },
        {
         "name" : "A2",
         "bbox" : [ -733093, -1024114, -732939, -1023902 ]
      },
   ]
},
{
   "category": "kategorie2",
   "caption": "B",
   "features" : [
      {
         "name" : "B1",
         "bbox" : [ -732924, -1023936, -732707, -1023601 ]
      },
      {
         "name" : "B2",
         "bbox" : [ -733058, -1023918, -732884, -1023584 ]
      },
]
}
]

All I can get so far is this:

{
   "A" : [
      {
         "name" : "A1",
         "bbox" : [ "-733690", "-1024463", "-732733", "-1023916" ]
      },
      {
         "name" : "A2",
         "bbox" : [ -733093, -1024114, -732939, -1023902 ]
      },
   ],
   "B" : [
      {
         "name" : "B1",
         "bbox" : [ -732924, -1023936, -732707, -1023601 ]
      },
      {
         "name" : "B2",
         "bbox" : [ -733058, -1023918, -732884, -1023584 ]
      },
   ]
}

My Templater setup is as follows:

ROOT

{| 
    fme:process-features("OBLAST")
|}

OBLAST sub-template

{
       fme:get-attribute("pismeno") : [
        fme:process-features("PRVKY", "pismeno", fme:get-attribute("pismeno"))
        ]
}

PRVKY sub-template

{
                "name": fme:get-attribute("CISLO"),
"rotation":"0",
                "bbox": [fme:get-attribute("_xmin"),fme:get-attribute("_ymin"),fme:get-attribute("_xmax"),fme:get-attribute("_ymax")]

}

I would need to have the top level as separated object with more key-value pairs (attributes) as shown above - like in the last level features. If I try to add keys as in PRVKY sub-template to the OBLAST sub-template I get parsing error with invalid syntax.

Can someone guide me, please? I attach complete files. What I can get (bookmarks.json) and what I would like to get (bookmarks_desired.json).

icon

Best answer by debbiatsafe 3 June 2022, 21:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @albinepro​ 

JSON key-value pairs need to be separated by commas. Based on the sub-template you have shared, it appears you are missing these. For example, based on your desired output, your OBLAST sub-template should look something like this:

{
"oblasti" : fme:get-attribute("pismeno"),
"caption" : fme:get-attribute("caption"),
"features": [
]
}

If you're still running into issues after making this change, I would recommend sharing your workspace along with a small sample of your input data. 

Badge +1

Hi @albinepro​ 

JSON key-value pairs need to be separated by commas. Based on the sub-template you have shared, it appears you are missing these. For example, based on your desired output, your OBLAST sub-template should look something like this:

{
"caption" : fme:get-attribute("caption"),
"features": [
]
}

If you're still running into issues after making this change, I would recommend sharing your workspace along with a small sample of your input data. 

I have tried this, but still I'm getting the parsing error:

JSONTemplater (XMLTemplaterFactory): The following error occurred near line 5, column 37 of the query:
JSONTemplater (XMLTemplaterFactory): invalid expression: syntax error, unexpected ":", expecting "," or "}"
JSONTemplater (XMLTemplaterFactory): An error occurred while parsing the 'OBLAST' sub-template
JSONTemplater (XMLTemplaterFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details
JSONTemplater (XMLTemplaterFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details
A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

I have added two workspaces with test data to original posted question with working and not working (desired) workspace.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

JSONTemplater (XMLTemplaterFactory): The following error occurred near line 5, column 37 of the query:
JSONTemplater (XMLTemplaterFactory): invalid expression: syntax error, unexpected ":", expecting "," or "}"
JSONTemplater (XMLTemplaterFactory): An error occurred while parsing the 'OBLAST' sub-template

I have added two workspaces with test data to original posted question with working and not working (desired) workspace.

Hello @albinepro​ 

You have an extra XQuery expression in your OBLAST sub-template. This creates invalid JSON and causes the JSONTemplater to error.

Remove the extra fme:get-attribute("pisemeno") from the OBLAST sub-template so becomes this:

{	
    "caption" : fme:get-attribute("CISLO"),
    "features":[fme:process-features("PRVKY", "pismeno", fme:get-attribute("pismeno"))]
}

In addition, remove the pipe operators in the ROOT template as it is unnecessary. Attached is an updated version of your workspace with the suggested changes.

Badge +1

Great, thanks a lot. Somehow I thought it is essential. The pipe symbols in root hence are not necessarry neither.