Question

How does SSO for the HTTPCaller work with FME Server and Automations?

Before implementing SSO across our services where we are using FME, I wanted to get some clarification on how SSO would work with a HTTPCaller. While this is configured in the workbench on desktop, I understand that it will use the windows user to authenticate any request. However, how does this authentication work once a workbench is published to FME Server? If we invoke a workbench through a webhook that runs Server Automation, how would the FME server know the identity to authenticate against? Has anyone encountered this before? If so, was there some way of passing a token through the webhook call that would provide identification for the HTTPcaller?

Appreciate any thoughts.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Good question -presumably the SSO would use the Service Account running the FMEEngine service. Not sure if that makes sense though. I'm no SSO expert

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Good question -presumably the SSO would use the Service Account running the FMEEngine service. Not sure if that makes sense though. I'm no SSO expert

Yes, it will use the Service Account running the Engines. We've experienced similar with SQLExecutor when its set to use Embedded Windows Auth