Question

Feature reader table selection

Badge +2

I have a feature reader set up so that the user selects a table and whatever table of the 8 possibilities is chosen it should write out to that table. It is reading from a file geodatabase and writing to a SDE geodatabase. There is a schemaMapper transformer for each table. How do I set up the featureReader so that once the user selects a table it will only write to that table?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Hi Chris,

You need to create user parameter choice, adding the 8 possibilities and in the settings, allow multiple selections.

From here you need a parameter fetcher and in the instance of multi-selections, attribute splitter on space delimited and a list exploder on the resulting list

Pass the results into the feature types of a feature reader>?

featurereader_featuretype_attribute_from_user_parametersYou may need to expose the feature_type_name format attribute and keep this for the schemamapper definition, using an attributefilter or testfilter to direct the features

Cheers,

James

Badge +2

Thanks j.botterill. I couldn't get that working but what I ended up doing is creating the user parameter and then added a tester to each table. If it passes then it goes to the schema mapper and gets loaded into the database. A bit clunky but it does the job.