Solved

Remove duplicate features based on geometry

I would like to remove duplicate features based on geometry. It's a dynamic workbench where i query out all tables which intersect with a polygon.

The problem is that our database contains some duplicated features. For example 1 layer for the whole country, and 1 where it's only a small part of it. So i just want one of these.

I have tried to use this guide. But the problem is that the geometry is not 100% alike. So the CRCCalculator gives different values. The coordinates are more exact in one of them.

Any tip on how i could fix this?

Here is an example of how the difference is for the same point:

Min_max_extents 

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 31 May 2022, 13:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Have you looked at the matcher? That will let you find geometries that match and allows lenient matching and lets you set a tolerance which should handle the slight differences in precision.

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

You could try using the Dissolver transformer with the Group By option set to the country identifier.

Have you looked at the matcher? That will let you find geometries that match and allows lenient matching and lets you set a tolerance which should handle the slight differences in precision.

Yeah i had tried it, but somehow managed to miss the "Vector Tolerance" field! Thanks! 😁

You could try using the Dissolver transformer with the Group By option set to the country identifier.

Thanks for the reply. The previous answer solved my problem in this case.