Question

FME 2022 crashes after update Oracle Feature type

Hello, I am using FME 2022.0 Build22337 (Oracle Edition). Every time I try to update the Oracle Feature Type Writer (Update Feature Types), FME now crashes without warning. Am I the only one who noticed this behavior?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @bjoern​, sorry to hear you're running into this issue. I haven't been able to reproduce the crash myself in FME 2022.0 b22337. I have a couple follow up questions to better understand what's happening:

• What Writer specifically are you trying to update? Is it an Oracle Spatial Object Writer, or a Non-Spatial Writer, or a different Oracle Writer?
  • Does this happen with a specific workspace (example: an existing workspace you created with an older version of FME)? Or does this occur with any workspace that you add the Writer to and try updating?

Hi @bjoern​, sorry to hear you're running into this issue. I haven't been able to reproduce the crash myself in FME 2022.0 b22337. I have a couple follow up questions to better understand what's happening:

• What Writer specifically are you trying to update? Is it an Oracle Spatial Object Writer, or a Non-Spatial Writer, or a different Oracle Writer?
  • Does this happen with a specific workspace (example: an existing workspace you created with an older version of FME)? Or does this occur with any workspace that you add the Writer to and try updating?
Hi @danminneyatsafe, thanks for youre reply. It happens with both the Spatial and the non Spatial Writer. And I created a brand new workspace with FME 2022. I can reproduce this error with all workspaces new and old ones. To test it again I only choosed the Oracle writer in a blank workspace and connect it with a table. After that I tried to update this table and FME just closed down.
Userlevel 2
Badge +10
Hi @danminneyatsafe, thanks for youre reply. It happens with both the Spatial and the non Spatial Writer. And I created a brand new workspace with FME 2022. I can reproduce this error with all workspaces new and old ones. To test it again I only choosed the Oracle writer in a blank workspace and connect it with a table. After that I tried to update this table and FME just closed down.

@bjoern​ thanks for the follow up details. I've tried following these steps to reproduce your issue without any luck:

1. Add Oracle Spatial or Non-Spatial Writer to the workspace.
  2. Right click the Writer Feature Type in the Navigator window and select Update Writer...
  3. Change some settings and press OK.

If I'm missing a step here please let me know. To better troubleshoot this I think we will need to open a support case. Please download and run the system_information.bat file from our General Troubleshooting article, and then submit the resulting FMEReport.html file using https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/.