Solved

Create a unique ID

Badge +2

I am bringing in an excel table and then adding some different attributes to it and writing it out to a geodatabase. I need to create a unique ID when writing it out to the geodatabase. I have brought in the original table and determined what the largest ID number is. I can't figure out though how to add it to the workspace without each row getting the same ID number.

icon

Best answer by dustin 26 May 2022, 18:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

So you want the new Unique IDs in the geodatabase to pick up where the excel IDs ended? If so, I would feed the excel features into a StatisticsCalculator, and specify you want to calculate the max value on the Unique ID field. After that, connect the Complete port to a Counter with Count Start parameter set to (id.max)+1 in the Arithmetic Editor.

Badge +2

No, excel (table 1) doesn't have the unique ID. The unique ID is coming from another table (table 2). So I find the largest number from table 2 and pass it on to table 1. And then I want it to increment from there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

It would be similar workflow, but only table 1 would be fed into the StatisticsCalculator. The max value would then be passed via FeatureMerger to table 2 for processing those IDs.image

Badge +2

Thanks ddbrocato! That worked perfectly.