Solved

How to save .fmw as .fme

Hi,

I've just upgraded from FME 2021 to 2022 and now I don't seem to have the option to save my .fmw file as a .fme for use with the FME Quick Translator.

Has anyone any ideas on a workaround?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 23 May 2022, 21:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You can still use a .fmw file with the Quick Translator, same as you would a .fme file in older versions.

You can still use a .fmw file with the Quick Translator, same as you would a .fme file in older versions.

Thanks @Hans van der Maarel​ 

I didn't know this, but loading the .fmw into the Quick Translator is a much more efficient as we don't need to keep our .fme files up to date after making changes to the .fmw!

Badge

I am disappointed with this change. I disseminate .fme files to my team members to prevent workbench tampering and the ability to double click the .fme file to run in quick translator. I hope it comes back.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

I am disappointed with this change. I disseminate .fme files to my team members to prevent workbench tampering and the ability to double click the .fme file to run in quick translator. I hope it comes back.

@apadilla​ You should encrypt workspaces for this purpose. Please see https://community.safe.com/s/article/password-protection-for-fme-workspaces