Question

Replacing the geometry of feature1 with the geometry of a feature2 (Geometry extractor/Replacer) but keeping the attributes of feature 1

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to restore a arcgis polygon feature layer (feature 1) (that someone accidently ran a simplify geometry tool on) with the geometry of a backup feature layer (feature 2) from a older copy of the dataset.

Problem is that I ONLY want to replace the geometry of feature1 and keep the attributes.

The workbench that I build (see picture below) will replace both the geometry and the feature values/attributes of feature 1

FMEAny tips on ONLY replacing the geometry?

thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Is there a unique ID between the datasets that you could join on? If so, I think this will work:

• Insert an AttributeKeeper after the GeometryExtractor, keeping only _geometry and the unique id.
  • Insert a FeatureMerger before the GeometryReplacer, with feature1 going to Requestor and feature2 going to Supplier. In the parameters, set the Join On for Requestor and Supplier to the Unique ID field. (next part might not be necessary, but won't hurt.) Under Attribute Accumulation, set the Conflict Resolution to Use Supplier.

Is there a unique ID between the datasets that you could join on? If so, I think this will work:

• Insert an AttributeKeeper after the GeometryExtractor, keeping only _geometry and the unique id.
  • Insert a FeatureMerger before the GeometryReplacer, with feature1 going to Requestor and feature2 going to Supplier. In the parameters, set the Join On for Requestor and Supplier to the Unique ID field. (next part might not be necessary, but won't hurt.) Under Attribute Accumulation, set the Conflict Resolution to Use Supplier.

Thanks that did the trick!