Question

DGN writer RGB color

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi,

I use a DGNStyler to set the color of line features.

Color is set by RGB Color (Color Type = RGB).

In the resulting DGN, the color of the line is replaced by the best matching color from the color table.

Result (Color 59):

imageDesired Result (204,0,0):

imageIs there a way to get the desired result?

Jasper

3 replies

Badge

I write a RGB value for the colour by setting color to Color By Level where the rgb color is defined with the level definition in the Microstation seed drawing you are using in the dgn writer.

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi @stevepratt​ ,

This sounds like a good solution for most cases, but for my case the color cannot be defined by the level. The color of objects within one specific level can vary.

Jasper

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

For anyone else that runs into this in the future, according to the DGNStyler doc under RGB Fill Colour, the RBG input colour may be stored as the color table index which most closely approximates it, where the color table is defined as a specific set of RGB colors in the seed file.

I've filed an enhancement request tracked internally as (FMEENGINE-73717) to ask for support for true colours in the DGN writer and will update here when it has been addressed.

In the meantime, if you're needing to preserve specific true colours, you will need to manipulate the colour table of the seed file to contain the colours you need. FME will then pick up those closest RBG values and assign the colour you're looking for.

You can modify existing colours in the colour table in Microstation by going to Settings > Color Table and selecting a colour to replace by clicking Change or double clicking it to set the RGB you want. You can then use this file as a seed file in the writer. This change only applies to this file and if you need to you can go to File > Default to revert any changes to the colour table.