Question

Can I use the SDF multi-geometric types?

Badge

I'm working on a workbench converting CSV files with WKT geometry into autocad SDF. For some featuretypes i want to allow multigeometry. If I manually make a new feature in autocad map I can select some geomtric types that combine line and surface, point and surface, etc. .

If I set the fme_geometry{0} in the schema to FME_point, i get the SDF point geometric type. But if I add fme_geometry{1}: FME_line, fme_geometry{2}:FME_polygon (This is what it looks like when I read a file with this combined geometric type into FME). It looks like only the geometry{0} is read and I also get the Geometric type point.

Is there a way to use these other types? like point+curve, point+surface, .. ?

screenshot below shows the geometric types available in SDF:

image.png

3 replies

Badge

Found out I can set geometry{0} to fme_collection to access the Point+Curve+Surface type. the other combinations (point+curve, Point+surface , etc.. ) I could not get to work.

Badge +1

Hi @rudewi​, I am not too familiar with the SDF Writer but looking at the documentation it looks like the SDF3 format can also store features with no geometry. Is there an error message/warning in the log you are running into from the writer that you could share?

Badge

Thanks Jenna for your answer. What I'm looking for is a way to exactly set the data attributes of the SDF schema. Now it gets set by fme_geometry. (example fme_aggregate => 'Point+Curve+Surface' , fme_polygon => 'Surface'). But I would like to also acces the other options that don't correlate directly with the fme_geometry types; for example the 'Curve+Surface' type. Similarly I want to change the 'Has Elevation'.