Question

Create DWG leaders based on autocad_leader

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi All,

I'm trying to create DWG leaders based on the following post:

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hahzSAA/how-creat-autocadleader

but couldn't get to work. I use autocad_leader settings as the post suggests

but the leaders aren't coming through.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to get the autocad_entity to work?

I'm attaching a few screenshots of the workflow as well as the parameters.

WorbenchAttributeCreatorManager 

AttributeManager Parameters 

Label Point ReplacerThanks All :)

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @galigis​. I'm wondering if you've come across the same issue as discovered in this thread: https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q00009LCYXJSA5/autocad-leader-lines-do-not-come-through-or-move-with-realdwg-writer-output? If so, would it be possible to provide a workspace with some sample data (you can provide a workspace template to package up your feature cache or source data with your workspace) so we can confirm? Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Thanks @nampreetatsafe​ for your answer. Attached a WIP workbench and some dummy data. My goal is to create the autocad_leaders based on UL_SM_@Value(_count).

Any help would be great :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Thanks @nampreetatsafe​ for your answer. Attached a WIP workbench and some dummy data. My goal is to create the autocad_leaders based on UL_SM_@Value(_count).

Any help would be great :)

Hi @galigis​ ,

I’m sorry for a very late response but hopefully this will still be helpful! I’ve put together a modified example using your workspace that will create leader lines.

While we don’t support multileaders just yet, (the enhancement is tracked internally as (FMEENGINE-9247)), we can still create leader lines. To be honest I'm not 100% sure what the difference here is between multileaders and leaders.

In any case I was able to create leader lines in the output and I believe the key elements in the workflow to create leader lines are:

• to create a line feature for the leader line pointing from the polygon (or feature of interest) to an offset of where the label should be (both of these points can be adjusted). Note that the first point of the line is the one with the arrowhead, so in the example I’ve added an attribute called order and sorted the points before linebuilding
  • to create a separate annotation feature at the offset point
  • watch out for typos when creating the attributes, such as autocad_anno_type = autocad_anno_test, which was corrected to autocad_anno_text

I wasn't sure where the leader lines should point to in your workspace so I used I used a CenterPointReplacer on the polygons. You'll likely want to adjust where the start and end points are for the leader line and annotation.

I've attached two workspaces, one with your provided workspace modified, and a workspace template of a simpler mock-up example with just two polygons to label. This same workflow was fitted into your workspace. Hopefully these will be a helpful starting point for you to modify it to achieve what you're looking for.