Question

Problem when calculating volume with Reader Revit

Hello,

For a job, i need to calculate the volume of a 3D object. The object has curve (its a piping)

If I read the data with Revit Reader and calcul the volume, the volume is smaller than in Revit. (more than 1 cube meter)

If I export the model in IFC the volume in quantity set in the same as in Revit, but if I I calculate the Volume, it's too smaller than in Revit but it's almost the same.

I compared the export IFC and the the Revit file in Data Inspector. The number of facets is bigger in IFC than Revit.

My question is : how i can increase the number of facet in the Reader Revit so that the definition of my object is more accurate?

thank you for our help

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @christelle​, I'm not quite an expert in the Revit format area so I can't speak to how we can increase the number of facets. However, we currently have an enhancement request open for the Revit Reader to read in calculated value attributes such as Volume, Area, Thickness, and Length (issue number is FMEENGINE-71383).

Would these additional attributes help solve the problem? Let me know and I can ask for this thread to be updated if the enhancement request is released in a new version of FME.

Hello @danminneyatsaf​ Yes add these attributes solve the problem :)

Thank you

Badge +10

We recently improved the Revit reader to include additional attributes such as volume.

Please try the Revit Reader in FME 2022.1 or newer to see the improvements with additional attributes!

-Andrea