Question

Writing out geometry from PostGIS storage doubles runtime compared to 2016

• 16 May 2022
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

I'm upgrading from 2016.1.3.2 to 2021.2.5.

I have geometry stored in PostGIS -> GeometryReplacer converting from Hex OGC WKB -> optional Reprojector -> Shapefile or FileGDB (both types).

According to the log files, for 2016, there's barely mention of GeometryReplacer and Reprojector, but for 2021, there's a significant chunk of runtime devoted to passing through the two transformers. There's minimal changes to make for them to upgrade so it's bizarre why it's adding nearly double the runtime. (See log attachments)

For production concerns, jobs are taking several more hours to run. Here's metrics for another dataset:

2016:

20162021:

Thanks,

Janet

1 reply

Badge +2

@janet​ I suspect Reprojector. In the FME 2021 log file:

INFORM|Reprojector: Splitting bulk features into individual features

You can do a more detailed performance profile by following the instructions here. If it does look like the Reprojector, then try CSMAPReprojector.

If you can send me the profile and the workspace that would be great. Use mark at safe dot com if you'd prefer not to share the workspace with the community. If it is Reprojector, it appears to be fixed in FME 2022.

The log also reports:

INFORM|ResourceManager: Optimizing Memory Usage. Please wait...

This is usually a sign that FME is fighting for resources. Perhaps try restarting "W0053" and then run the workspace again.