Question

When updating featureReader (spatialite) to FME 2022 - spatial filter no longer working

Badge

I have some workbenches authored in FME 2020 which contain a FeatureReader to read a SpatiaLite database. The spatial filter is set to read features that intersect with the initiator (a simple polygon). This was working well in FME 2020.

When updating my workbench in 2022, the input format has to be updated from "SPATIALITE (GDAL)" to "SPATIALITE_NATIVE". When the featureReader is updated, the spatial filter no longer works.

Is this expected?

===

UPDATE:

On further testing I found that spatial filter works if I specify a table to read in 'Feature types to read' but does not work if 'Feature types to read' is empty. If this parameter is empty I would expect the reader to read all tables. Is this a bug?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @trembathp​, thanks for your question. I did a quick test and for both the deprecated SQLite Spatial (GDAL) format and the new Spatialite (SPATIALITE_NATIVE) format, the default is to read in all feature types (tables) if you don't modify the Feature Types to Read Parameter in the FeatureReader. I did a quick test and switching the formats out without any specified Feature Types to Read brought in all the tables. I also did a quick test with one feature type selected in the FeatureReader and updated the format. The Feature Types to Read parameter carried over the selected table to the newer Spatialite format. I'd be curious to see your workspace with both the original FeatureReader and udpate FeatureReader if possible?

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Sorry @trembathp​, I did misinterpret your description above. I've been able to reproduce the issue with the Spatial Filter in the Feature Reader not working when I set it to "Intiator Intersects Result". There's an existing issue filed with us about this (FMEENGINE-71835). I'll attach your report to this issue and will provide updates on this thread. I'm sorry you encountered this issue!

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @trembathp​ a fix for the issue you're seeing will be released in an upcoming build of FME 2023.0 (b23176 and newer). Although not available yet, the FME 2023.0 beta will be available soon through here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/#beta

Thanks for your patience.