Question

Link additional attributes via identical ID from Excel to ifc to a updating ifc-file

WorkflowI have a problem when creating a workflow in which additional attributes are linked via an identical ID from Excel (name) and Ifc (ETL_TYPEN.NAME). The problem is that not all attributes from the Excel list are recognized and linked and the geometry is taken over in the updated IFC (Writer).

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

I think you only need to add a connection from UnmergedRequestor outputport to the writers inputport?

1The Problem is also that only 35 Attributes get linked and not all 76, which are in the Ecxellist. And the other Problem is that the Writer writes no Ifc. So i can´t see anything in the Datainspector.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

1The Problem is also that only 35 Attributes get linked and not all 76, which are in the Ecxellist. And the other Problem is that the Writer writes no Ifc. So i can´t see anything in the Datainspector.

I think you have 2 issues:

1. The id's in the data and the lookup table don't match completely or are not read correctly, which causes the FeatureMerger to leave some features unmerged.
  2. You don't know how to dynamic read an write an IFC correctly.

I have zero experience with IFC, so no sample files laying around. Without your data and workspace, it is hard to debug anything. Can you share your data?

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

FeatureMerger is case sensitive, perhaps the names don't exactly match. You can merge on @UpperCase(@Value(ETL_TYPEN.NAME)) equals @UpperCase(@Value(name))

Have a look through the Unmerged Requestors, and try find an Unused Supplier which you would expect to merge, that'll tell you how you need to transform it so they all merge.

I have chance my data and now i think the workflow is running right. But the only thing is what i don´t know is how i make a right Ifc-Writer. Because the writing is faild.1