Solved

Automation not Saving after upgrade to 2022.0.0.1

Badge +2

We updated our test server to 2022, from 2021, yesterday. Since then i have been unable to save an automation with a action to run a workspace.

I noted that an automation I had set up had lost its directory watch path after the update. I added the path a tried a saving but it seems to get stuck and just sits there with the spinning wheel going round. I left it last night when I left work and it was still spinning the wheel when I logged in this morning.

I have tried recreating the automation and had no trouble saving until I tried to an action to run a workspace.

I have tried republishing the work space, and using a different work space

The automation will save with just the directory watch trigger and a series of filter actions, but fails when I try to add a Run workspace action.

So I'm stumped

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 18 May 2022, 01:52

View original

10 replies

Badge +2

Hi @jackyd​ ,

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this problem, I've just installed 2022.0.0.1 on both a Windows and Linux machine but have not been able to reproduce the issue yet. Please could you provide the exact steps you followed or a screen recording to demonstrate the problem to help me troubleshoot?

Badge +2

Hi @jackyd​ ,

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this problem, I've just installed 2022.0.0.1 on both a Windows and Linux machine but have not been able to reproduce the issue yet. Please could you provide the exact steps you followed or a screen recording to demonstrate the problem to help me troubleshoot?

Hi @jackyd​ ,

Actually, I take my previous statement back. It looks like this issue will occur when an output key is used in the downstream action. I will be filing an issue for this and will update this post when I have more information.

Badge +2

Thanks Holly :)

I look forward to your update, this is a real blocker for us.

Badge +2

Thanks Holly :)

I look forward to your update, this is a real blocker for us.

Hi @jackyd​ ,

Our development team has implemented a fix for this issue. The fixed build is going to be released to safe.com/downloads tomorrow.

However, since you've just performed an upgrade we'd like to try and issue you a patch so you don't have to redo the entire installation process. Please can you let me know what platform you've deployed FME Server too? If Linux, please can you be specific e.g. Ubuntu 20.04 or 18.04, RHEL8, CentOS 7 etc

Badge +2

Hi @jackyd​ ,

Our development team has implemented a fix for this issue. The fixed build is going to be released to safe.com/downloads tomorrow.

However, since you've just performed an upgrade we'd like to try and issue you a patch so you don't have to redo the entire installation process. Please can you let me know what platform you've deployed FME Server too? If Linux, please can you be specific e.g. Ubuntu 20.04 or 18.04, RHEL8, CentOS 7 etc

That is great news Holly,

We are running our server on Windows 2019

Cheers

Jacky

Badge +2

Hi @jackyd​ ,

Hi @jackyd​ ,

Please find details on how to deploy the patch in this article under the Resolution: Option 1 section.

Badge +2

Hi @jackyd​ ,

Thanks you so much Holly, I will let you know how we go.

Please pass on our thanks to everyone for the fast response on this one, as always, Safe being responsive to your users :)

Badge +2

Hi @jackyd​ ,

Works perfectly, thank you :)

Badge +1

When was the full install going to be released. We are currently testing and would rather do a full install and test before moving to production. I checked the downloads and it's still at the 22339 release.

Thanks!

Badge +2

When was the full install going to be released. We are currently testing and would rather do a full install and test before moving to production. I checked the downloads and it's still at the 22339 release.

Thanks!

Hi @dellerbeck​ ,

Great question! Sorry, we encountered some delay in the release and is now being targetted for next week, hopefully, Tuesday but it's possible there may be further delays so I'd set your sights on this being available at the end of next week.