Question

No access to Esri Filegeodatabase

Currently, we have a very curious problem. A workspace is made in FME Workbench desktop which runs without any problem. In the workspace, geometry in a ESRI file geodatabase is repaired by a Python script (arcpy). However, when deployed on FME Server, this process results in an unexpected error, see attached file. The account which starts and runs the process on FME server has sufficient read and write persmissions on the location where the geodatabase is stored.

What could be the cause of this problem?

Kind regards,

Pim van der Zwaag.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

What version Esri software do you use on Desktop? Is this the same as on server? (10.8.1)

On the server 10.8.1, on desktop 10.8.2 but this might be a very minor difference?

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

On the server 10.8.1, on desktop 10.8.2 but this might be a very minor difference?

10.8.1 vs 10.8.2, I doubt this is the issue.

The problem with -2147024893 is it can be caused by almost anything...

Can it be that the arcpy script is not finished yet when the FeatureReader starts reading?

Does this happen for every geodatabase in this workspace?

Can you read other geodatabases from this location, using another workspace?

There is a similar process that runs on FME Server every week without any errors. I have compared these processes but there no differences in reading the source data. What I can try is the start the process and limit it to repair geometry. And create a new workspace which only contains feature readers....