Question

Contour generator - problem with breakline

Hi guys,

I have DTM files in ASCII GRID format and I need to generate contours from this files. Everything works fine untill last step.

When I am generating contours with contours generator transformer everything works fine, but I have in the area few lakes where I don't want to generate contours.

I've tried to use breaklines but when I am using it generally nothing change - contours still looks the same.

I have layer with lakes where I don't want to generate contours. Before connect it to Breaklines arrow in ContourGenerator transformer I am using geometry coercer and 3DForcer.

Can you guys tell me what I am doing wrong? I have no idea how to manage with this.

Screnshot below. Brown polygon is a lake.

Thank in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I don't think you're doing anything wrong per se, it's just how the DTM interpolation works. What you can try is using a Clipper to remove the contours that fall inside the lakes.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong per se, it's just how the DTM interpolation works. What you can try is using a Clipper to remove the contours that fall inside the lakes.

Thanks for your answer. Is there any chance to remove also two nearest contours generated out of this brown polygon?

Generally what I want to do is generate contours but I don't want to get them (contours) in lakes/rivers areas and contours located on the edge of this lakes/rivers.

Badge +2

@bukakalke​ Have you tried experimenting with the Surface Tolerance? If you have the lake polygon, try adding that as a breakline (if you knw the Z value).

@bukakalke​ Have you tried experimenting with the Surface Tolerance? If you have the lake polygon, try adding that as a breakline (if you knw the Z value).

@Mark Stoakes​ Hey! I added lake polygon as a breakline and I added Z value with 3DForcer - you can see result on attached screenshot.

I've tried with surface tollerance like 0.5, 1, 2 etc. but nothing change...