Question

Dynamic workflow : detect and modify attribute value ?

Hi.

I'm working with a dynamic workflow. I have an ArcSDE reader and in some of my tables (I don't know which ones) I have a date (1899-12-30) that I need to set to null.

My idea was to first filter the attributes with a date format, then filter the values and finally set the value to null.

I know how to do it with one table because I know which attributes are set to date format. 

But with a dynamic worflow, how can I detect date attributes in all tables of my ArcSDE DB ?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

The FME way to check schema's is to use a FeatureReader to read the schema's from the featureclasses you selected. Then process the list with the column information to find the date fields so you know which tables have date fields. This works fine but you can't wildcard the Feature Types to Read field so you have to manually select the featureclasses you want to scan.

2022-05-10_11h08_10The only way I know to list all featureclasses is to use a SQLCreator or SQLExecutor and look in the views which display the tables and the columns. (In postgresql these are information_schema.tables and information_schema.columns.) But chances are you don't have access to the database and / or the views.

Capture d’écran 2022-05-18 122152I feel I got something... I didnt use a FeatureReader but a SchemaScanner instead, plus a ListExploder, a Tester and an AttributeValueMapper. Now, I need to rebuild the input schema. Any ideas ?