Solved

Any other tested FME2022 (FME(R) 2022.0.0.0 (20220428 - Build 22337 - WIN64) and experience slow Esri Filegeodatabase Reader is slower than "used to be"

Badge +9

A very simple workspace using ArcObjects Esri FileGeodatabaseReader and output to an Inspector. Duration 16.5 seconds with FME2022 and similar workspace duration is 10.5 seconds with FME2021.2

Logfiles attached and a Excel spreadsheet with output from FME_PROFILE_RESULT_CSV

best

Pål Herman

icon

Best answer by kailinatsafe 10 May 2022, 22:34

View original

5 replies

Badge +9

..workspaces are both made in their respective FME versions - so no issues with not updated readers

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

..workspaces are both made in their respective FME versions - so no issues with not updated readers

Hello @Pål Herman Sund​ , would you be able to share a copy of your FGDB? If you're unable to share it on the FME Community, please submit a support case with us so we can take a closer look! Best, Kailin.

Badge +9

Hi @kailinatsafe​  and thanks for reaching out. I am not allowed to share the data public but have simulated something similar with a workspace:

• 20000 points "randomly" generated within a X and Y range - written as points to the filegeodatabase
  • Buffered these points "randomly" with buffers in range 5 to 50 meters , replaced with a 2D box which is rotated "randomly" within -45-45 deg and written as polygons to the geodatabase
  • chopped the boxes to max 2 vertices and written results as lines

All to simulate building centerpoints, outlines and polygons. With these data FME2022 is about 30% slower (using the GUI). With the actual data we are at approx 40%.

Best Pål Herman (zipped geodatabase attached)

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @kailinatsafe​  and thanks for reaching out. I am not allowed to share the data public but have simulated something similar with a workspace:

• 20000 points "randomly" generated within a X and Y range - written as points to the filegeodatabase
  • Buffered these points "randomly" with buffers in range 5 to 50 meters , replaced with a 2D box which is rotated "randomly" within -45-45 deg and written as polygons to the geodatabase
  • chopped the boxes to max 2 vertices and written results as lines

All to simulate building centerpoints, outlines and polygons. With these data FME2022 is about 30% slower (using the GUI). With the actual data we are at approx 40%.

Best Pål Herman (zipped geodatabase attached)

Hello @Pål Herman Sund​ , thanks for sharing your data. I was able to reproduce the delay you're describing between 2021 and 2022.0. There are a few things that appear in the 2022.0 logfile, that are not logged in 2021 - so it seems like something has slightly changed here. This has been filed as FMEENGINE-73370. I've added a note to have this thread updated once resolved as well. Best, Kailin.

Badge +9

Hello @Pål Herman Sund​ , thanks for sharing your data. I was able to reproduce the delay you're describing between 2021 and 2022.0. There are a few things that appear in the 2022.0 logfile, that are not logged in 2021 - so it seems like something has slightly changed here. This has been filed as FMEENGINE-73370. I've added a note to have this thread updated once resolved as well. Best, Kailin.

Thanks @kailinatsafe

pH