Question

Why I am not getting any option to enter my username and password when I am trying to login using FME server web interface.

Badge +4

The FME Server web interface is loading but there are no fields available to enter the username and password. My internet connection is working perfectly and I am viewing all the tutorials using the same connection. I have tried all the available solutions in the community discussion, My issue is completely different.

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

That's odd. Are you using a VM that Safe has provided for online training? Those should be good really, but @Ryan Cragg​ or @samatsafe​ can probably say more about them.

Badge +4

That's odd. Are you using a VM that Safe has provided for online training? Those should be good really, but @Ryan Cragg​ or @samatsafe​ can probably say more about them.

No, I am not using any VM. I have just installed the .exe file and installed it with recommended configuration. The only thing that I have provided is the hostname which was asked during the installation. I am attaching a screenshot that I captured during installation, maybe it will help to understand my problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

No, I am not using any VM. I have just installed the .exe file and installed it with recommended configuration. The only thing that I have provided is the hostname which was asked during the installation. I am attaching a screenshot that I captured during installation, maybe it will help to understand my problem.

Aha, in that case it may be that not all of the FME Services have started properly. Could you check your Services list and see if all of the FME ones are running (and if they are not, start them manually)

Badge +4

Can you please tell me how can I check the services list?? I am a complete beginner with this. One more thing Which I would like to share is that when I am inspecting the page fields are available there.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Right, and on second thought, I don't think this is services related (the web page is loading, just not completely).

Which browser are you using?

Badge +4

Here are the services that are running. Is something missing?

Badge +4

It's google chrome. I have also tried to open the same with Microsoft Edge and Internet explorer. I am facing the same issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

All the services that should be running are running. Chrome is a popular browser (I use it exclusively), so are Edge and IE so I don't really have a clue to be honest. Have you tried rebooting?

Badge +4

I tried everything and nothing worked except the docker. I tried the docker version and it is successfully running. Maybe @safesoftware safesoftware​ 's frontend developers aren't working properly for the .exe version. The same page is loading perfectly with the docker version.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @rishi1804​ ,

Sorry you're running into this issue! Are you able to select the Network tab in your developer tools and see the three errors? Do you know of any firewall rules set up that may be preventing access? Please see this article for Ports and Executables and Firewall Exceptions for FME Server.

Screenshot 2022-05-09 160840 

Thanks!

Kezia

Badge +4

@keziaatsafe​ I checked the errors but I am really sorry I don't remember those errors right now.

Badge +4

Hi @keziaatsafe​ these are the errors that I am getting when I am trying to log in.

It doesn't make too much sense to me, I hope you can figure out something. I have reinstalled the FME server using the .exe file.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @rishi1804​ ,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Looking into the logs may give more clues.

Do you see any errors or messages in these logs?

• <FMEServerSystemShare>\\resources\\logs\\core\\current\\fmeserver.log
  • <FMEServerSystemShare>\\resources\\logs\\tomcat\\catalina.log

(The default location for <FMEServerSystemShare> is C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\ FME Server\\)

Were you able to check the firewall and ensure that port 80 is open and 7082 are open?

Thanks

-Kezia