Question

Why throws my Interlis Writer a n error: class 'COM/safe/fmeobjects/FMEObjects" could not be located

I have an issue with my workspace using an Interlis Writer (ili2fme).

It is running fine on my local machine, but not on a server where FME Server and ArcGIS Server is installed.

Following error is listed in the logs: 

Writer `ch.ehi.fme.Main_1_FANOUT' of type `MULTI_WRITER' using group definition keyword `MULTI_WRITER_DEF'

Creating writer for format: Swiss INTERLIS (ili2fme)

Trying to find a JAVA plugin for writer named `ch.ehi.fme.Main'

The class 'COM/safe/fmeobjects/FMEObjects" could not be located. Check your classpath

and later in the logs:

Translation FAILED.

#

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

(0xc0000005)

at pc=0x00007ffd43921c11

, pid=29404

, tid=16240

#

# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (11.0.6+10) (build 11.0.6+10)

# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.6+10, interpreted mode, compressed oops, g1 gc, windows-amd64)

# Problematic frame:

#

C

0x00007ffd43921c11

FME Desktop Version:

FME Desktop ESRI Edition

Floating License

License server: *****

FME(R) 2021.2.5.0 (20220331 - Build 21816 - WIN64)

My local machine where the workspace is running fine has the following configuration:

FME Desktop ESRI Edition

Floating License

License server: ****

FME(R) 2021.2.4.0 (20220308 - Build 21814 - WIN64)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Nicole

2 replies

Badge +6

Hi @nsulzberger​ ,

Sorry to hear about this issue with the Interlis Writer. To begin troubleshooting, are there any other readers, writers, or connections in this same workspace? If so, please test if a simplified workspace (e.g. Creator + Interlis Writer) can be successful on Server.

Is it a specific dataset that triggers this error, or any file? If unsure, please try testing the Writer with a different workspace and data.

If the problem persists regardless of dataset or workflow, I suspect that this format maybe triggering a conflict occurring between JVM paths with FME and ArcGIS Server on the same system. I'd recommend creating a case with our Support team so that we can take a closer look at the issue.

Hello @sanaeatsafe​ 

I was able to investigate the issue a bit more indeep. I have a simple FME workspace with an Interlis writer and an ArcSDE Geodatabase (ArcSDE) Writer. If I enable both I get the Java issue, if I just enable one of them its running without an issue. I cannot login into the Jira system, but I'll contact our FME distributor to submit a support ticket. Thanks for your help!

bye, Nicole