Question

Test if polygon geometry contains curve

Badge

Hi,

Is there a way to test if a polygon geometry contains curve? I dont find any transformer that explicitely achieve that.

Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

@bgeorges​ What type of data are you reading in? There may be format attributes that we can pull that info from.

Badge

@bgeorges​ What type of data are you reading in? There may be format attributes that we can pull that info from.

Its from an Esri file geodatabase (gdb)

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Its from an Esri file geodatabase (gdb)

On your reader feature type, if you expose your fme_type or geodb_type I believe it will contain _ellipse if the feature contains a curve. From there, you can run it through a Tester or TestFilter.image

Badge +2

Hi @bgeorges​ ,

In case you haven't solved this already you could try the GeometryPartExtractor with the following parameters:

imageAny polygon with an arc will be split up and arcs will be sent out of the Extracted port. See the attached workspace and let me know if you have any questions :D

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

If you just want to test for arcs without splitting the geometry up then takashi's python solution here might help you

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hAD2SAM/filter-polygons-composed-of-linearc-preserve-geometry