Question

Map a date from a text field to a date field in a geodatabase

• 6 May 2022
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

I am writing from a csv where all the fields are text. One of these fields contains a date 10/11/2021. I need to load this to a geodatabase that has the field formatted as a date. I need the date to look the same in the field I am mapping to. I have tried many different things and am probably just missing something but I can't get this to work. Attached is what my current workspace looks like. I believe I need to do this in the attribute manager using the dat time format but I am not figuring out how to dot his properly.image" data-fileid="0694Q00000ITciLQATimage" data-fileid="0694Q00000ITcm7QAD

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @patrick17​ ,

I would recommend using a DateTimeConverter for this instead of the Date Time Function as the function requires the input value to be formatted "in Standard FME Date/Time Format or ISO 8601 date and time format", whereas the DateTimeConverter allows you to specify the input date/time format. Try using the DateTimeConverter with the following parameters:

Just a note: if you want to use functions, please be aware that in order to set the argument, you have to specify the value with @Value() rather than just typing the name of the attribute as that will be taken literally. 

@DateTimeFormat(@Value(DATE_INSTALLED),%m-%d-%Y)

An easy way to set attribute values is by double-clicking on the FME Feature Attribute name in the Text Editor in the top left: image