Question

A new published parameter defined in a workspace in FME Desktop and published to FME Server is not known to the Rest API until the scheduled workspace is opened in FME Server and saved by clicking on the OK button. Is that a bug

• 5 May 2022
  • 1 reply

I have defined a new published parameter (pp) in an existing FME workspace, which exist as a scheduled workspace on FME Server. When published with the new pp to FME Server, I can see the new PP in the interface of the scheduled workspace on FME Server. However when I use the REST API to get to the scheduled workspace it doesn't recognize the new pp, only the old ones. Just when I open the scheduled workspace on FME Server and click OK, then the REST API can see the new pp. Isn't that a bug of some sort?

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @pimververgmail​ ,

This is the expected behaviour. When you create an item on FME Server such as a Schedule, Workspace App or Automation you have the option to configure the values for any FME Server parameters. Once saved, if you re-publish the workspace that is being used in these items, any previous configurations are not updated to reflect this automatically. The reason being is that we anticipate that these values are often modified away from the default and in many scenarios, you would not want every configuration of the workspace to revert back to this default.

Therefore if you make a change to the published parameters, in order to make a change to a configuration that was saved prior to the last published version, you'll need to go to that item and click the 'Reset' button. This will add/remove any parameters, as well as populate them with the default values so that it mirrors the state of the latest version of the workspace.

If you would like to see a change to this behaviour I found a couple of related ideas you might consider adding your vote to:

Alternatively, if these don't quite fit with your vision, please consider posting a new idea.