Solved

Workspace runner after a feature writer fails to start

Badge

Hi,

I'm trying to start a workspace runner just after a FeatureWriter has finished running, but I am getting a weird error with a '@Tcl2 function':

WorkspaceRunner_ExecutorAndRouter (TestFactory): An error was encountered evaluating a TestFactory test: An error occurred while evaluating a test parameter: @Tcl2 function requires exactly one argument -- the expression to evaluate.  If you are using static function evaluation, only one $[ .. ] pair can be on a single logical mapping file line due to parser limitations
FeatureWriter_6_SUMMARY_-1_836_Player (RecorderFactory): An error was encountered evaluating a TestFactory test: An error occurred while evaluating a test parameter: @Tcl2 function requires exactly one argument -- the expression to evaluate.  If you are using static function evaluation, only one $[ .. ] pair can be on a single logical mapping file line due to parser limitations

This is happening with different workbenches. It is fine if I copy the whole workbench... But it's a large one and I'd rather not to

I tried a sampler to only get one feature, but not luck. 

any ideas how to be able to launch a workspace runner from a FeatureWriter? 

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 6 May 2022, 10:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

The FeatureWriter should output a summary feature, but I'm not sure if it does so when it fails.

One thing you could try is use a NoFeaturesTester (custom transformer from the FME hub) to trigger the WorkspaceRunner regardless.

Badge

The FeatureWriter should output a summary feature, but I'm not sure if it does so when it fails.

One thing you could try is use a NoFeaturesTester (custom transformer from the FME hub) to trigger the WorkspaceRunner regardless.

Thanks for the suggestion. The FeatureWriters do output a summary in this case though and files are created. I really wonder why the workbench runner is not happy

Badge

Could the problem be from the WorkspaceRunner itself?

It shows parameters as 'not set', but they actually are:

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

That's definitely odd and I agree, it looks like there might be something going on with the WorkspaceRunner. The TCL error message isn't extremely helpful though, and what with TCL being the deeper level scripting language that part of FME is built upon I'm guessing there's something fundamentally fishy.

Could it be that there's a space in any of those parameters you've set on the WorkspaceRunner? Or maybe double double quotes? That might make a TCL function inside that workspace think there's a wrong number of parameters being passed.

Badge

That's exactly what the problem was. Spaces. Thank you! I was using a One Drive location on my local and this had spaces in the filepath of the workspace, hence why it was confused with multiple arguments...

This might not be an easy fix for FME but it would be good if it was communicated to the end user.