Question

Identify duplicates with difference of +/- 5 in value

Badge

Hi, im using neighbor finder in identifying duplicates based on XY. However, my data is stating that +/- of the value is considered as 'duplicate'. For example, stores selling 5 cars is the same with 6 or 9, but will be different if 10. So in this, I have 3 stores considered as duplicate based on their location. So I want to know the nearby data known as duplicate based on these parameters.

Hope I make it clear.

Is this possible in FME? Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

I would process the data through an AttributeRangeMapper to create an additional attribute based on your specified ranges. Then in your NeighborFinder, set the Group By parameter to the '_looked_up' attribute.image

Badge

Hello @dustin​ ,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

My data is actually more complex than my example, unfortunately. The value can reach up to 400. So im not sure how to process it. I think what I need is +/- 5 for each value. Can you please help me on this again? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Hello @dustin​ ,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

My data is actually more complex than my example, unfortunately. The value can reach up to 400. So im not sure how to process it. I think what I need is +/- 5 for each value. Can you please help me on this again? Thank you!

Would it be possible to share your data?

Badge +5

Can you create a new attribute which is the value divided by 5 and rounded to an integer and do the comparison on that?