Question

I have an issue when updating a table in database with ChangeDetector.

Badge

I am updating a table in a database where I must insert, update or change value of one attribute of a record when it is deleted from source (ex: field ISDELETED is changed from N to Y when record is deleted).

So in ChangeDetector I am connecting the destination table to "original" port, and new incoming data to revised port.

The issue is that the attributes coming to "revised" don't have the same name like the ones from destination table, and I am using in my script a SchemaMapper to

map Source Fields to Destination fields (as the names can change and customer has access to the table used in SchemaMapper only).

So because the attributes have different names, I don't think that the ChangeDetector will do it's job correctly.

I attached a dummy script and dummy data to this issue.

Can you give me some help here?

Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

If I understand correctly, you need to put the SchemaMapper upstream of the ChangeDetector. Then the ChangeDetector can compare correctly and the writer can update correctly. Right?

Badge

Yes. I was thinking to use an Attribute manager before ChangeDetector and import source and destination values, but in case a name of an attribute from source will change, then the user must enter in the script and reimport the mapping in that AttributeManager..