Question

Is it possible to create a tables in a table in the HTML transformer?

Badge +9

I have a bunch of statistics that I want to add to a HTML report similar to the image below. Not all columns have the same number of rows nor is each column / row related across the table. So was thinking that if I could create a table and each cell contain a list or similar.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Thanks Dean

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I think you can do that, if you have them all as lists you can use a ListConcatenator to put them all in a single attributes. If you set the separator character to <br> and then use a HTMLReportGenerator to create a table with those attributes the browser will interpret the <br> as a newline character and it should render ok.

Badge +9

I think you can do that, if you have them all as lists you can use a ListConcatenator to put them all in a single attributes. If you set the separator character to <br> and then use a HTMLReportGenerator to create a table with those attributes the browser will interpret the <br> as a newline character and it should render ok.

Thanks @Hans van der Maarel​ , yes I think that will work, just need to get the list into the format of {count, aaa, count, bbb}

Badge +9

Thanks @Hans van der Maarel​ , yes I think that will work, just need to get the list into the format of {count, aaa, count, bbb}

This is the link to my list concatenation question

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q00009Uuv7RSAR/concatenate-parts-of-lists

Badge +9

Just an update and thanks to @Hans van der Maarel​ as the <br> worked like a charm