Versioned SDE edit session writes 'successful' but not really

• 28 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +11

Short version here for time:

• FME2021.2 64-bit
  • ArcSDE Geodb writer, truncating the SQL Server table in 10.x geodatabase
  • Versioned Edit Session to feature class that is registered as versioned
  • FME log claims success and that all writes were saved. No errors, warnings or anything indicating an issue in the log at all.
  • ArcCatalog and Pro report a blank table
  • SSMS business table has old data, deletes table has all features, add table is blank, inserts table has one feature
  • Connection used to write has db_datawriter and db_ddladmin permissions to the database in question

Any ideas on why this didn't quite work are appreciated. If it's as simple as non-FME solutions like post/reconcile or compressing to get things moving that's ok. I'm not an advanced SDE user in terms of versioning, a little better on archiving though. A workaround is in place and there's time to learn about this, and I have contacted my vendor but thought I'd try here as well. We could probably get away with unregistering as versioned and using another transaction type, might do, but again learning more about how FME interacts with versioned SQL-based SDE would be useful.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Hi @chriswilson​ would you be able to share a screenshot or list of your current parameters set for your ArcSDE Geodb Writer? There are some additional parameters in the Writer such as Reconcile & Post or Commit Transactions at End of Write that may need to be adjusted to get this working.

Badge +11

Hi @chriswilson​ would you be able to share a screenshot or list of your current parameters set for your ArcSDE Geodb Writer? There are some additional parameters in the Writer such as Reconcile & Post or Commit Transactions at End of Write that may need to be adjusted to get this working.

Hi Dan,

Parameters for the writer are all defaults save for setting the feature type to truncate the table and the transaction type to versioned edit session.

Cheers, Chris