Question

How to update dynamic readers (add or remove feature types?)

• 27 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am trying to create a simple dynamic workflow. But i struggle to understand how to add or remove feature types to the reader.

For illustration i have created a database with 3 tables which are. I am reading them into my workbench using the "Single Merge Feature Type" option.

The 3 tables can be seen under "Feature Types to Read"

imageImmediately below it only the table1 listed under feature types. I am confused to why not all 3 tables are listed there?

If i go to update the reader only table 1 is shown

But if i run the workbench the dialog for Translation Parameter Values show all 3 tables

I fail to see the logic behind this? How do I add or remove one feature type? Imagine I have 35 tables and I want to add or remove 1 of them from the reader. How do I do that?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

In a dynamic workflow, you would click on the "..." next to Feature Type to Read to list the feature types for the source input. There you can choose which ones to read.

Badge

But that only change it when you run the workbench, which is OK i suppose. But I am thinking of a scenario where the job is triggered at a later point using a bat file.

I can see that the "feature types to read" reflect the features selected in the Translation Parameter Values after you press run.

If i try to modify the "Feature Types to Read"imagebefore I run the wb I am met with an odd error.

imageTranslation Aborted

Worker 6844 > OGCGEOPACKAGE reader: file '' cannot be located. Please ensure the file exists and is accessible

Worker 6844 > Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'OGCGEOPACKAGE' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information

Worker 6844 > Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'OGCGEOPACKAGE' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information

Worker 6844 > Failed to read schema features using the 'OGCGEOPACKAGE' reader

Hey there,

Did you find a solution for this one?

Regards,

Jase

Badge +2

Hey there,

Did you find a solution for this one?

Regards,

Jase

@jase.edwards​ Have a look at the Dynamic Workflows tutorial. I think that will answer this question. If you select Single Merged Feature Type then the source feature type will be labeled <All> and everything you read will pass through that feature type.