Solved

Question about MRF2D Transfomers Availability

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

As far as I knew, the MRF2D transfomers that are offered by FME were only available with an extra cost.

That detail was mentioned in the docs of those transfomers, but today I have seen that there is no longer a mention of an extra cost:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/mrf2dduplicateremover.htm

The transfomers matrix doesn't mention that extra costa, either: https://www.safe.com/transformers/matrix/

Are those transfomers now available for everyone? If that is the case, do I need to download them from somewhere? They don't appear on the transfomer gallery of FME 2021.1.

icon

Best answer by kailinatsafe 25 April 2022, 20:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @oscard​ , thanks for posting to the FME Community! These transformers have actually been deprecated in FME 2021.0 and onward. I am terribly sorry this was not clearly conveyed on our website or documentation. I have filed a few tickets to have a deprecation note added to the documentation of each MRF transformer as well as have them removed from our transformer gallery. So sorry for the confusion there!

As an alternative, I can offer you a Guide to Better Geometry, a lot of the articles in this series perform similar functionality to MRF transformers, but with native FME. I hope it helps, Kailin.

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Hello @oscard​ , thanks for posting to the FME Community! These transformers have actually been deprecated in FME 2021.0 and onward. I am terribly sorry this was not clearly conveyed on our website or documentation. I have filed a few tickets to have a deprecation note added to the documentation of each MRF transformer as well as have them removed from our transformer gallery. So sorry for the confusion there!

As an alternative, I can offer you a Guide to Better Geometry, a lot of the articles in this series perform similar functionality to MRF transformers, but with native FME. I hope it helps, Kailin.

Thanks for the answer abd the link to the alternative ways!