Question

Is there any possibility to change the database view for fme when integrate with smallworld ?

I am getting some records from replicate view in smallworld and fme unable to read these value bcoz fme is working on the current view in smallworld.

IS there any possibility to change the current view to replicate view of smallworld in fme

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @alapatisriranga​ , can I ask what you mean by 'replicate view'? Best, Kailin

Hello @alapatisriranga​ , can I ask what you mean by 'replicate view'? Best, Kailin

Actually I am integrating fme with smallworld. In smallworld there is replicate view which is the duplicate database view of the original.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Actually I am integrating fme with smallworld. In smallworld there is replicate view which is the duplicate database view of the original.

Hello @alapatisriranga​ , thanks for clearing that up. If you’ve already established your FME and Smallworld integration (eg. you’re able to read the ‘current’ view), I think you can create a new database connection for your ‘replica’ view and change the Server port parameter to have it read the ‘replica’ view (likely different port number). The Smallworld training series describes how to connect to a Smallworld database, here (Connecting to Smallworld Tutorial). If this did not address your question, please let me know! Best, Kailin.

Hello @kailinatsafe​ , I will try with this process once and check whether it is working or not.

Thanks, Sriranga.