Solved

User Parameters - Can they be set up to only show up under certain conditions?

• 22 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

When the workspace starts I have the user select a certain attribute. Depending on which attribute is chosen I want different user parameters to come up.

So for example I have a list of six items. If they pick item 1 then the attribute manager calculates a number of values. I also want it to display different user parameters depending on which inital item is chosen I hope this makes sense? I'm just not sure if I can even do this in FME. I notice any user parameters I create always show up altogether at the beginning.

icon

Best answer by dustin 22 April 2022, 21:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

As far as I know it's not possible to create a 'conditional parameter', based on the resulting values from say the AttributeManager. Parameter values are passed at runtime, so you can't pass values back after you hit run.

Depending on what you are doing in the AttributeManager, you could possibly replicate that action in a Scripted parameter. In that Scripted parameter you should be able to reference the public parameter the user is populating.

Userlevel 4

As far as I know it's not possible to create a 'conditional parameter', based on the resulting values from say the AttributeManager. Parameter values are passed at runtime, so you can't pass values back after you hit run.

Depending on what you are doing in the AttributeManager, you could possibly replicate that action in a Scripted parameter. In that Scripted parameter you should be able to reference the public parameter the user is populating.

This is correct. Once the workspace has been started, the user parameters can no longer be modified.

Badge +2

Ok thanks! Sounds like I need to learn how to do scripted parameters then.