Question

Route from several points in one workbench?

Badge +1

Hello! I've been working on a project for a few weeks now and finally got a good enought network. Now I want to calculate the distance from every school to every adress point. This is to later create polygons from set distances.

Is it possiable to do this in the same shortest path finder? I've been looking at list but can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone help me?

I have attached my workbench and the data.

Best regards

Jesper

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

This should be possible, if you create a separate From-To line for every school/address point combination. If you want to create drivetime polygons you might want to consider the NetworkCostCalculator instead. It does sound like performance might be a key factor here.

Badge +1

This should be possible, if you create a separate From-To line for every school/address point combination. If you want to create drivetime polygons you might want to consider the NetworkCostCalculator instead. It does sound like performance might be a key factor here.

I need to route 2000, 3000, 5000 meter from each school. I have a total of 55 schools. It's not possiable to loop somehow and make one analyze per school automatic?

Badge +2

@flugan87​ Can you confirm whether you want the shortest paths form every school to every address or whether you want the drive time polygons of 2000,3000,5000 meters? Thx

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

I think the answer will be in editing your "FromToBuilder" transformer. You will need to create an additional parameter to choose between all schools or single schools. I've attached the workbench for what I believe will work. The FeatureMerger will allow you to get the x,y for all schools into a list. Then exploding the list afterwards will get a From-To line from every school to every address.

imageimage

Badge +1

I think the answer will be in editing your "FromToBuilder" transformer. You will need to create an additional parameter to choose between all schools or single schools. I've attached the workbench for what I believe will work. The FeatureMerger will allow you to get the x,y for all schools into a list. Then exploding the list afterwards will get a From-To line from every school to every address.

imageimage

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

Will try this solution but where can I find the attached workbench?

Best regards

Jesper

Badge +1

@flugan87​ Can you confirm whether you want the shortest paths form every school to every address or whether you want the drive time polygons of 2000,3000,5000 meters? Thx

what I need to do is calculate how far you get from the schools with the distances 2000, 3000, 5000 meters. This will mean that the surfaces will overlap. So there is total distance from each school with these parameters.

best regards

Jesper

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Hello

Best regards

Jesper

Sorry, I meant the screen shot of the workbench.

Badge

Probably the attached zip (workbench and sample data) will help you. It's a workbench finding the shortest route on a given network from adresses to a POI 9e.g. a school).

Badge +1

Hello

Best regards

Jesper

Okej I understand! Looks promising. How do you set up the parameter "all schools"? Looks like a good solution but can't figure out how to create this user parameter.

This will be very useful to know in this project and projects to come.

/Jesper

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Hello

Best regards

Jesper

In the Navigator panel, you will see User Parameters. Right click, and depending on which version of FME you are working in, choose Manage User Parameters or Create User Parameter.

Badge +1

Hello

Best regards

Jesper

Yeah I know how to use the User Parameter in general. I meant how do I create a user parameter for all attributes?

I often use the parameter "choise" but then I create one choise for each attribute.

In the example you sent you somehow make the parameter "all schools" and that's whats im very intrestred how to use.

Badge +1

Probably the attached zip (workbench and sample data) will help you. It's a workbench finding the shortest route on a given network from adresses to a POI 9e.g. a school).

Thank you for your answer and that you attached your workbench! But what I need to do is to find adresses that are witnin a distance from a school. The adress can be in serveral schools because it depands on what school they have choosen. So I need to somehow loop the school to run one by one and then find all addresses witin that school.