Question

Why a gdb with another name field is not read?

• 22 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

When I put a gdb file in my process with the reader, its works, the file is read. But when I put another gdb file with the same reader (thanks to a parameter) it isn't read if this file hasn't the same name field. Why ?

Thanks you

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

If you chose the Individual Feature Types option when you created the Reader, it would have created Reader feature types for each feature class specifically. So when you read in another dataset with different feature classes, it doesn't know what to do with those.

One way around it is to use the Single Merged Feature Type option instead. This will allow you to read in all feature types regardless of naming convention. You can then use a FeatureTypeFilter or TestFilter to separate out the feature types for processing.

Badge

If you chose the Individual Feature Types option when you created the Reader, it would have created Reader feature types for each feature class specifically. So when you read in another dataset with different feature classes, it doesn't know what to do with those.

One way around it is to use the Single Merged Feature Type option instead. This will allow you to read in all feature types regardless of naming convention. You can then use a FeatureTypeFilter or TestFilter to separate out the feature types for processing.

Thanks you !!!! It work !!