Solved

Generate a DEM for each source_point_id of a LAS file (LiDAR)?

Badge

Hello, 

I want to create a raster for each different source_point_id (number of flighline) in a single las file.

Do you know how to extract the source point id from the las file in order to generate a raster on the points of the chosen source_id point?

thanks you for your help!

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 22 April 2022, 10:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

If you can expose that attribute (my sample LAS seems to have it as point_source_id) you can use the Group By option on the DEMGenerator (and/or SurfaceModeller) to generate separate DEM's for all unique values of that attribute.

The trick is to get that attribute, a PointCloudCoercer can do that for you, but has the downside of breaking down the point cloud into individual points, so you do get a big performance hit.

Badge

If you can expose that attribute (my sample LAS seems to have it as point_source_id) you can use the Group By option on the DEMGenerator (and/or SurfaceModeller) to generate separate DEM's for all unique values of that attribute.

The trick is to get that attribute, a PointCloudCoercer can do that for you, but has the downside of breaking down the point cloud into individual points, so you do get a big performance hit.

Yes but how to extract point_source_id in my las file to use group by in DEMgenerator?

It is this point_source_id information that I can't get out of my las file.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Yes but how to extract point_source_id in my las file to use group by in DEMgenerator?

That can be specified in the PointCloudCoercer:

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 10.39.33

Badge

Thanks you very much!

It's the result I wanted

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You're welcome!