Question

FME SharePoint Online connector error

• 19 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

Currently having 'fun' with the OnlineSharePointConnector transformer, this was correctly functioning on FME desktop and FME Server (both version 2021.1 ) for a me a week ago. Now the transformer none of the SharePoint sites I have access to appear and I'm getting the following error messages when attempting to connect to a site. Any assistance greatly appreciated. imageimage

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Do you happen to know if anything has changed on Sharepoint's end, specifically to do with authentication?

Badge +6

I have been informed by our IT department that nothing has changed in regards to the permissions, but I shall enquire on the authentication method. I have successfully tested the Microsoft SharePoint online web connection in 'Manage Web services'. Thank you for your response

Badge +6

Update. I've had some success in writing to SharePoint. Firstly I updated the SharePointOnlineConnector Package from version 1.1.3 to version 1.1.5. However a list of SharePoint sites is still not returned by the transformer and an error is returned. The work around for this is to suffix the siteId and webId to the SharePoint site name, I obtained these values by inspecting the page source in Chrome, for example

mycouncil.sharepoint.com,t6235f73f-6bed-4c77-9301-r81ghj261f53e,319dd95t-aigx-48x0-940y-30l77a641236

This has then permitted me in the SharePointOnlineConnector to select the correct document library and path, then upload a file to the SharePoint site. I shall still endeavour to understand why the sites I have access to are no longer listed.

Badge +2

Update. I've had some success in writing to SharePoint. Firstly I updated the SharePointOnlineConnector Package from version 1.1.3 to version 1.1.5. However a list of SharePoint sites is still not returned by the transformer and an error is returned. The work around for this is to suffix the siteId and webId to the SharePoint site name, I obtained these values by inspecting the page source in Chrome, for example

mycouncil.sharepoint.com,t6235f73f-6bed-4c77-9301-r81ghj261f53e,319dd95t-aigx-48x0-940y-30l77a641236

This has then permitted me in the SharePointOnlineConnector to select the correct document library and path, then upload a file to the SharePoint site. I shall still endeavour to understand why the sites I have access to are no longer listed.

@clang​ ,

Interesting find. Does the user that you have authenticated with have read and write access to the sites that are missing by any chance? I'm wondering if they are not appearing because of a lack of permissions/scope to the missing sites. Also interesting that you are able to manually type in the site and the corresponding ID - are you noticing any issues with this in terms of uploading/listing/downloading to a site you manually typed the id for?

Badge +6

Hi @chrisatsafe​ 

Thank you for responding. We're using the default FME Sharepoint web connection, if I authenticate this connection using my own Microsoft domain account then the SharePointOnlineConnector list the sites I have access to. If I re-authenticate the SharePoint web connection using our domain service account that is used to run FME Server, then an error is returned (see screen shot below) when attempting to select a site within the SharePointOnlineConnector. Although as mentioned previously inserting the SiteId and WebID grants me access to the site. This applies to uploading/listing/downloading. image