Question

Read Esri File gdb raster and Write to Esri SDE SQL Raster

• 18 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have set up a very simple reader/writer combination that reads an ArcGIS raster from a file geodatabase (File Geodb Raster Dataset) and writes the raster to an ArcGIS Enterprise SDE SQLServer database (ArcSDE Geodb Raster Dataset). This operation fails repeatedly with the message:

“Failed to write raster data tile when writing to raster dataset 'r1_max'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147155566'”

I am able to successfully write the raster to a different file geodatabase, and am able to successfully write vector layers to the SDE SQL Server Dbase, so my database connection file is correct.

This same error has been referenced in other postings, but I have not seen a solution that resolves the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Software versioning

SQL Server Enterprise: 15.0.2080.9

FME Workbench:  v2020.2.1

ArcMap:  v10.8.2

2 replies

Badge +8

Hi @cdamon​ ​ 

We have a known issue article about this particular error message see the article here

The key is that if there is any User Attribute or data type mismatch from Reader to Writer, especially r1_max attribute. Can you go through the steps and check if there is any adjustments that can be done?

Can you share some sample data that might be useful to try to reproduce the error?

Badge

Hi @cdamon​ ​ 

We have a known issue article about this particular error message see the article here

The key is that if there is any User Attribute or data type mismatch from Reader to Writer, especially r1_max attribute. Can you go through the steps and check if there is any adjustments that can be done?

Can you share some sample data that might be useful to try to reproduce the error?

Hello @rahulsharma​ , thank you for the response and the link to the knowledgebase article. The thrust of the document seems to be focused on common issues regarding vector data attributes and how they are defined for writing to SDE. The old Esri grid format included a value attribute table (VAT), but this no longer exists, per say, within a file geodatabase since I did not build an attribute table for this raster.

I have zipped together a file geodatabase with a single flood raster, an FME template file (with a temporary SDE SQL connection file), and a copy of the log file here. I greatly appreciate any insight folks are able to provide.