Question

Hi, we installed FME server on a Linux server. How do I reset the Userid/Password for URL : http://<Servername>:8080/fmeserver/#/home.?

Badge +1

Hi, we installed FME (which we don't use for now) on a Linux server . I forgot the user ID and password for the following for URL: http://<Servername>:8080/fmeserver/#/home.

How do i reset them? there is no option to restet pwd/userid "Forgot Password) option.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If you haven't activated the password reset option (and specified an outgoing mailserver to send the password reset emails) you're out of luck I'm afraid. You're going to have to reinstall.

Normally speaking we recommend setting up that password reset and the system email for the outgoing emails -and- creating a second account with admin/superuser privileges and a different password to always have an option to get in.

Badge +1

If you haven't activated the password reset option (and specified an outgoing mailserver to send the password reset emails) you're out of luck I'm afraid. You're going to have to reinstall.

Normally speaking we recommend setting up that password reset and the system email for the outgoing emails -and- creating a second account with admin/superuser privileges and a different password to always have an option to get in.

Thank you @Hans van der Maarel​  for your answer. Yep, looks like whoever installed it did not activate the password reset option. Let me ask this, the person installed FME server have documented the userid as follows <userid>/XXXXX, i know what proceeds the "/" but not the XXXXXs, is there a specific format/string for the usreid that requires "/<something" after it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Thank you @Hans van der Maarel​  for your answer. Yep, looks like whoever installed it did not activate the password reset option. Let me ask this, the person installed FME server have documented the userid as follows <userid>/XXXXX, i know what proceeds the "/" but not the XXXXXs, is there a specific format/string for the usreid that requires "/<something" after it?

The XXXXs might be the password. It's worth a try, I mean, the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work.