Question

FME Server Automation isn't seeing Workspace Parameters

• 13 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to setup a workspace automation but when i point it to the workspace i want to run it says there are "No Parameters Available" for me to establish. However, when i navigate to the Workspace itself (outside of an automation) I see all of the parameters.

I recently upgraded to FME Server 2021.2 and am using Workbench 2021.2 as well. It is an existing Workspace that was authored in a previous release. I opened it in 2021.2 and published it. I copied the contents into an entirely new workspace and published that with the same issue. I authored a simple workspace (XLS->FFS) and the Parameters showed up as expected so I think it may be something to do with the Workspace. It is rather large and I dont want to have to redo the entire thing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Can you share the workbench?

Badge +1

Can you share the workbench?

I'm afraid I cannot. I work in a heavily secure environment and am not permitted to share items such as this without an extensive Review & Release.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

I'm afraid I cannot. I work in a heavily secure environment and am not permitted to share items such as this without an extensive Review & Release.

All good, first thing that springs straight to mind is to check that the parameters you have are public? (not private)

Badge +1

Yes, I thought that may be it as well. I confirmed that all Parameters were both Published and Required. Thank you for your help...I am so flummoxed by this.

Badge +1

I am still unclear on what caused this issue but I was able to solve it by duplicating all Published Parameters and pointing any reference within the Workspace from the old to the new. Then, after deleting all the old Parameters, I overwrote the Workspace on FME Server and the Automation was then able to see the Published Parameters. Thank you @hkingsbury​ for your help in sniffing out what may have been the cause.