Question

DWG layout - how to load raster?

• 12 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello, please, I have met issue that I read DWG Layout in FME. But unfortunately FME is not able to load raster which should be in Layout. I use parameters "Read Paper space" as You can see in attachment.

Is it bug? Or is there any workaround, how to read raster in DWG Layout? Its very uncomfortable, because I need to transform DWG Layourt to PDF.

Thanks a lot!

Lubo

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @lazarlubomir​ , if a paper space contains a raster, we should be able to read this. Do you get any errors in your logfile? If so, would you be able to share them here? Best, Kailin.

Badge +1

Hello @lazarlubomir​ , if a paper space contains a raster, we should be able to read this. Do you get any errors in your logfile? If so, would you be able to share them here? Best, Kailin.

Hello @kailinatsafe​ I have attached log file, maybe there are some warnings wchich can help us :-) No errors are there...

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @kailinatsafe​ I have attached log file, maybe there are some warnings wchich can help us :-) No errors are there...

Hello @lazarlubomir​ , thanks for sharing the logfile! It had exactly what I was looking for:

2022-04-14 23:51:54| 10.3| 0.1|WARN |AutoCAD Reader: An error occurred while resolving a viewport, a sub entity will not be read. Continuing

When reading a paper space with “Read model space entities through viewport” enabled and the model space contains a raster, FME is unable to read it (fails to read). This bug has been filed as FMEENGINE-73048. I've made a note to have this thread updated upon resolution! Sorry I don't have better news.

As a work around the you could try to read the model space and the paper space, but disable "read model space entities through viewport". Then use the Affiner transformer to manually shift the viewport entities into the correct position. I couldn't find a good example of this however.

Thanks for your help, Kailin!

Badge +1

Hello @kailinatsafe​ , oh, no worries. But please, do You have any time estimation, when it could be fixed in FME? I need to know because of customer project...

Thank You for proposed workaround, I will try it :-)

Lubo

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @lazarlubomir​ , sorry for the late reply, unfortunatley, no timeline for this as of yet :(