Question

When downloading a file with the FTPCaller, I sometimes get a Timeout error. Can I prolong the timeout? Or is there's something else at play.

In the FME Server I have an Automation: FTP Watch. This checks on a regular interval (15min) to see if the ftp directory has changed. If it detects a CREATE event, it will call upon my workbench.

In the workbench I try to download the file from the FTP server to a network server. Sometimes I have no problems, but other times I get a Time-out error.

2022_04_08_11_58_46_Window 

These are my connection parameters:afbeelding.png 

I never have an issue when there's only one new file. It's always when there are multiples. Does it have something to do with the amount of connections? Should I manually close the FTP connection after each run?

Thanks!

6 replies

I checked the timelogs and I think it would be resolved if I can get the workspaces to wait to run, until the other one is finished. Is there a way to do that?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I checked the timelogs and I think it would be resolved if I can get the workspaces to wait to run, until the other one is finished. Is there a way to do that?

I assume you have 2 workspaces being called in the automation, is that correct? Can you share how you've set up the automation?

I assume you have 2 workspaces being called in the automation, is that correct? Can you share how you've set up the automation?

No, only one:

afbeeldingBut we have 2 engines. If there are 4 new files on the FTP-server, two of them are downloaded successfully. I added a queue on the FME server and made the workspace in the automation add to that queue (the queue will only run on one engine). Hopefully that works.

The queue didn't work. But there is the strangest thing.

When I add the queue to the Workspace parameters in my Automation, it isn't saved. I click on Apply, but when I go back to check, the queue is empty.

afbeelding

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hey @jillversluys​ ,

That is interesting that it is not saving. What FME Server version and build are you using?

If you click apply, save the automation and start the automation, is the Job Queue parameter still empty?

As for the Timeout issue, does the workspace run successfully with multiple files download on FME Desktop?

Thanks!

Hi Kezia,

I tried Apply / save / start, but it's still empty.

FME Server:

FME Server 2019.1.2

Build 19630 - win32         

I'll have to test to see if it would work locally, I'll let you know. But it should eventually work on the server.

Thanks!