Solved

How retrieve the cration date of Excel file (reader)

• 6 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I would like retrieve the date of a Excel file (in the reader). The date write in the Windows explorator.

I would like write this date in a field 'version' of my new file (in the writer)

Thanks a lot,

icon

Best answer by dustin 6 April 2022, 22:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @tanmat​ 

The transformer DateTimeStamper can generate this information.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

You can use the Directory and File Pathnames Reader to read the file (with Retrieve file properties set to yes). The attribute you are looking for is path_created_date, which can then be copied to the field 'version'. You might also find the path_modified_date to get the latest date.

Hi @tanmat​ 

The transformer DateTimeStamper can generate this information.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Hi Danilo,

Thanks for your answer, but I think that the transformer DateTimeStamper give only the date of the day when you run your workbench. But I don't think is it possible to retrieve with this transformer the date of the file.

You can use the Directory and File Pathnames Reader to read the file (with Retrieve file properties set to yes). The attribute you are looking for is path_created_date, which can then be copied to the field 'version'. You might also find the path_modified_date to get the latest date.

Hi,

Thanks a lot, I used the transformer 'FilePropertyExtractor' and then I retrieve the field '_file_mtime'.

It's exactly that I want, thanks