Question

DWG viewports - how to define frozen layers?

Badge +1

Hello, please, I wanna ask. If I wanna export many viewports of DWG in FME Desktop, is there any way how to define which layers will be frozen in each viewports? I need little bit different composition of layers for every viewport.

Thanks a lot for tips!

Lubo

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @lazarlubomir​ , I would check out the comments on this thread (especially garydlester's initial comment with workspace attached), it ended up leading me to this idea. I wonder if you could benefit from the new parameters available in the Autodesk AutoCAD DWG/DXF Reader (mentioned in the 'status update' on that idea). If this isn't quite what you're after, let me know. Best, Kailin.

Badge +1

Hello @kailinatsafe​ , yeah, thank You so much. I have checked mentioned thread too. New parameter is perfect, but it solves my problem partly, it is for reading process. But if I wanna write DWG with frozen layers in viewport, is there any solution how to do that? My thought is do that throught template DWG file.

Anyway, please could you check my feed there. Its very important for working with DWG Layouts too.

Thanks a lot!

Lubo

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @kailinatsafe​ , yeah, thank You so much. I have checked mentioned thread too. New parameter is perfect, but it solves my problem partly, it is for reading process. But if I wanna write DWG with frozen layers in viewport, is there any solution how to do that? My thought is do that throught template DWG file.

Anyway, please could you check my feed there. Its very important for working with DWG Layouts too.

Thanks a lot!

Lubo

Hello @lazarlubomir​ , no problem at all, happy to help! I wish I had better news for you. We are able to read them (as mentioned) but not freeze them on the writing side. So, we currently do not support this. I saw a similar idea for this as well - it may be worth adding a comment there explaining why you'd like to see this functionality added or posting your own idea.

Currently, we have an option on the Autodesk AutoCAD DWG/DXF Writer to 'freeze' a layer (see image below), but that only takes effect when viewing the "model space" of a DWG file, not the "paper space" (which is what you're looking for).

FrozenParameterBest, Kailin

Badge +1

Hello @lazarlubomir​ , no problem at all, happy to help! I wish I had better news for you. We are able to read them (as mentioned) but not freeze them on the writing side. So, we currently do not support this. I saw a similar idea for this as well - it may be worth adding a comment there explaining why you'd like to see this functionality added or posting your own idea.

Currently, we have an option on the Autodesk AutoCAD DWG/DXF Writer to 'freeze' a layer (see image below), but that only takes effect when viewing the "model space" of a DWG file, not the "paper space" (which is what you're looking for).

FrozenParameterBest, Kailin

@kailinatsafe​ yeah, thank You. No worries, I have found workaround for my workflow. Anyway, I have posted comment about that to idea station as You supposed :-)

About "Freeze" parameter, I know, but its only about model space, which cant help me. I need to export many Layouts from paper spaces and these paper spaces have little bit different layer composition.

Best, Lubo