Question

Conditional Clipping.

Badge +2

Hi all,

I have three layers district, plans and plots.

When I cut the yellow polygon (plans) based on the red one (district) the plan will be 4 parts.

My question is how can I make the cutting conditional if there is a plots cut the plan based on district (the right corner in the image bellow), otherwise don’t cut and according to this condition the plan will be just 2 parts.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Use a SpatialFilter to test if a district contains plots, if they do Pass, then only use those districts in the Clipper.

Note that this will leave those two triangle areas behind on the Outside from the clipper port. If that's a problem then you'll need to decide the rules for dissolving them into the other plan areas (or dissolving the district areas together before clipping).

Badge +2

Use a SpatialFilter to test if a district contains plots, if they do Pass, then only use those districts in the Clipper.

Note that this will leave those two triangle areas behind on the Outside from the clipper port. If that's a problem then you'll need to decide the rules for dissolving them into the other plan areas (or dissolving the district areas together before clipping).

I think dissolving the tow triangle or district area together will merge all to one polygon.

in my workbench i used spatial filter and clipper but i couldn't get the desired result which is merge the small part of plan which not contains any plots (after using clipping) to the main plan.