Question

Unable to upload file as an input

Badge +1

Hi all,

I have a workspace that was running fine on server, but now the user is unable to upload an input file as a temporary resource. The upload says completed but the OK button is greyed out.

This seems to be the case with all workspaces, not just the one in question. Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks,

Owen

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Has anything changed to the resources system? Is the disk full perhaps or has there been a change in access priviliges?

Check the Resources\\Logs\\service\\current\\dataupload.log to see if there's any errors reported there,

Badge +1

Has anything changed to the resources system? Is the disk full perhaps or has there been a change in access priviliges?

Check the Resources\\Logs\\service\\current\\dataupload.log to see if there's any errors reported there,

Thanks for the reply. The server seems to be running jobs ok, and the disk has plenty of space.

I checked the data upload log and the last entry was when it was working a couple of weeks ago, nothing since

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks for the reply. The server seems to be running jobs ok, and the disk has plenty of space.

I checked the data upload log and the last entry was when it was working a couple of weeks ago, nothing since

Hi @owen​ ,

Has no one uploaded to FME Server since a couple of weeks ago? Are you aware of any changes to your FME Server recently that may have affected this change?

For example, have you switched the Service Accounts that FME Server is using? If so please switch all the FME accounts other than the Database Account to the same account. Restart FME Server and try again.

It may be helpful to try looking at the developer tools: in any browser there are tools that track the network and can let us know where the upload is failing.

1. In Google Chrome go to your FME Server Run Workspace page.
  2. Right-click, and select Inspect
  3. Select the Network Tab and try to upload the file
  4. Click this button to export the HAR file and send it in.

Is this folder empty when you upload the dgn file: C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME Server\\resources\\System\\temp\\upload\\<repository>\\<workspace>\\<user>\\AO12.dgn

If you could also look into your logs and see any errors that you're able to share here, please let me know.

Thanks

Badge +1

Hi Kezia, thanks for the reply. There havent been any changes to FME Server that I know of, but restarting seems to have fixed it😀

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @owen​ ,

That's great to hear! Thanks for the update!

Badge

I am also having this issue and rebooting/restarting has not fixed it. I have checked disc space and other jobs are running just fine. We are running FME Flow 2023.0.0.3

Build 23319 - win64 if that helps. Any ideas?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I am also having this issue and rebooting/restarting has not fixed it. I have checked disc space and other jobs are running just fine. We are running FME Flow 2023.0.0.3

Build 23319 - win64 if that helps. Any ideas?

Hi @gerryjames​ ,

A couple of questions to get started:

• Are there warning or error messages in the Resources\\Logs\\service\\current\\dataupload.log?
  • Did the temporary upload use to work and recently stopped working or was it an issue since the beginning?
  • Can you share a screenshot of what you're experiencing in 2023.0.0.3?
  • After the file is successfully uploaded, can you select the + button to add it to the right Selected panel and a green checkmark appears?

tempUploadHope this helps,

Kezia

Badge

Hi @gerryjames​ ,

• Are there warning or error messages in the Resources\\Logs\\service\\current\\dataupload.log?
  • Did the temporary upload use to work and recently stopped working or was it an issue since the beginning?
  • After the file is successfully uploaded, can you select the + button to add it to the right Selected panel and a green checkmark appears?

Kezia

Hi @keziaatsafe​ 

To answer your questions:

• There are no warning errors and I can't get as far as running the workbench because there is no option to upload a file. I checked the dataupload.log and the last record was from Tue-22-Aug-2023 which was before we started seeing the issue. When I click on the ellipses beside the drawing file I only get the Resources tab shown in your screen capture and not the "Temporary Uploads" tab.
  • There was a File Upload field on the form originally but when we changed the service type to Data Streaming we only get the resources field and not the File Upload field.

Resources

• The above is a screen shot of what shows on the form. We were expecting to see the "Upload Files" field like that shown in your screen capture. When I select the ellipses beside Drawing for Submission I don't see a tab for Temporary Uploads
  • There is no option to temporarily upload the file.

We have a demo to present to our client next week so I need to get this resolved ASAP. I have logged a Case with Safe but any help you can provide in the mean time would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gerry

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @gerryjames​ ,

Kezia

Hi @gerryjames​ ,

Thank you for the additional information. Based on the case you've opened, it looks like a bug related to group parameters and Flow apps [internal reference -FMEFLOW-21415]. If you create a new workspace and initially add the file parameter outside of any group, it will work as expected. Adding the group after the fact and moving the file parameter into it also works. Unfortunately, it seems that if the workspace is initially created with the file parameter in a group and saved, it corrupts the workspace file in some way, and moving the parameter out of the group will not resolve the issue. The current known workaround is to recreate the workspace with the file parameter outside of the group. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you reporting this.

-Kezia

Badge

Hi @gerryjames​ ,

Kezia

Thank you @keziaatsafe​ ,

I recreated the workspace and left the file upload fields outside of any groups and it worked. I haven't tried moving them into a group after the fact yet, as @mattmatsafe​ mentions, since I need the workspace to work for a demo next week.

Thanks for your input on this issue.

Gerry

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @gerryjames​ ,

Kezia

Hi @gerryjames​ ,

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear you have it working now.

Goodluck with your demo!

-Kezia