Question

DatasmithWriter - PNG Issue

Hello everyone.

I know there might be not too many using the DatasmithWriter (since I didn't find any question about it here yet). But I hope maybe someone can help or has an idea.

I'm using the DatasmithWriter and got a surface that has a raster placed with the AppearanceSetter. This Raster has an Alpha Value (it's a branch, so everything around is meant to be transparent).

When I write the DatasmithFile it tells me Raster could not be written (nothing more).

When I remove Alpha Band it works, with Alpha it doesn't.

I read Details about Datasmith, it says 32Bit, Alpha8, Int8.

This is all the case for my Raster so im running out of ideas what might be the problem.

PNG_Issue 

Thank you in advance for any hints.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @gisplan​ , would you mind sharing what version/build of FME Desktop you're using? I think there was a bug that sounds similar with the Datasmith Writer (FMEENGINE-72341) that has been resolved in newer builds, which you can find on our downloads page. You should be able to find the fix in FME 2022.0 Beta b22317+

Please let me know if that doesn't resolve your issue! Best, Kailin.

Hi Kailin

Thank you for your answer!

My built is: Build 21784 - WIN64.

Now i chose to work with simplified trees made with polygons only and give them a color.

But im sure in future this question is coming back and i will try it with the recent FME version.

Regards