Question

How can I retrieve an XML that was sent to an FME Server Workspace which was initiated by a webhook but never run (aborted)?

Badge

I have a workspace on FME Server which is initiated by a webhook. There is always an XML that comes with the webhook. The XML is passed into a parameter for the workspace. The workspace parses the XML and processes it into a database.

Occasionally, the workspace fails or is aborted. I would like to try to run that workspace again or at the very least extract the XML payload.

When the workspace fails (could be because the XML had an incorrect value or there were network issues), is there any way that I can retrieve the XML?

Further, and this is probably more critical, if the workspace has been aborted (perhaps it was accidentally cleared from the queue), can I retrieve the XML? Or reprocess the message somehow?

If I try to resubmit the failed job again , it doesn't seem to have the XML anymore.

Or do I have to send the message again from it's source (Maximo)?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

I can find my raw webhook requests in Resources > System > temp > requestdata but I'm not sure how the foldername corresponds to the job.

Badge

I can find my raw webhook requests in Resources > System > temp > requestdata but I'm not sure how the foldername corresponds to the job.

Thanks. This looks like the correct location for me. You're right though, all of my XML files have unique names which were created by IBM Maximo (the sender) and don't relate to anything useful for me. I suppose the only thing I can do is cross reference the time the XML was saved with the time the workspace was triggered.