Question

I am running an FME 2019.2 workbench using task scheduler but it's not working. The error is below. Issue is not the user since the same user is running other tasks. Only occurs with FME workbenches.

Badge +2

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 

{228826AF-02E1-4226-A9E0-99A855E455A6}

and APPID 

{2FD08A73-D1F1-43EB-B888-24C2496F95FD}

to the user <user> SID (S-1-5-21-73586283-1409082233-725345543-564895) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi @rebeccagiannuzz​ 

I have not seen this error before. Can you share which user is running the batch file?

You should be able to run the batch file as mentioned in this article with both the Local Service account (headless) and the Interactive User account.

It is recommended that you should use an Interactive user account as certain information is stored under User Profiles such as Named Connection (database and web), FME hub transformers, and Packages.

If your workspace does not contain any of the above information, in that case, a headless account should be able to run the workspace.

Are you running the batch file as your local user?

Based on the <user>SID, it appears to be an unknown user see attached.

UnknownUser_DCOMI would recommend trying to switch the user and see if that resolves the issue.

TaskSchedular 

Badge +2

Hi @rebeccagiannuzz​ 

I have not seen this error before. Can you share which user is running the batch file?

You should be able to run the batch file as mentioned in this article with both the Local Service account (headless) and the Interactive User account.

It is recommended that you should use an Interactive user account as certain information is stored under User Profiles such as Named Connection (database and web), FME hub transformers, and Packages.

If your workspace does not contain any of the above information, in that case, a headless account should be able to run the workspace.

Are you running the batch file as your local user?

Based on the <user>SID, it appears to be an unknown user see attached.

UnknownUser_DCOMI would recommend trying to switch the user and see if that resolves the issue.

TaskSchedular 

I've tried a few different accounts, all with the same result. I do have this working on a different server using FME2016. I compared the permissions on the appid under CLSID and they are the same on both. I'm not too familiar with DCOM - maybe something is different for this between the 2 servers. I imagine FME2016 to 2019 shouldn't have affected this.

Badge +8

I've tried a few different accounts, all with the same result. I do have this working on a different server using FME2016. I compared the permissions on the appid under CLSID and they are the same on both. I'm not too familiar with DCOM - maybe something is different for this between the 2 servers. I imagine FME2016 to 2019 shouldn't have affected this.

Hi @rebeccagiannuzz​ 

I am not sure what could be causing this issue. All my test run has no issue running FME Workbench using Task Schedular without any issue. Maybe it's something that your IT should be able to help with. The forum link that I posted earlier has steps to grant permissions but I would suggest checking with your team(IT) before attempting anything.